“For more than 30 years, we’ve understood how to help individual investors achieve their financial goals. Our unwavering commitment to comprehensive, fee-only advice and outstanding service has made us a nationally recognized leader in the wealth management community with a 98% client retention rate.”4
Alan Cohn + Stephen Cohn
Co-Founders + Co-Presidents | BIO +
Independent. Entrepreneurial. Values-Driven. Personal.
Sage is a family business, built on strong principles and a clear commitment to developing collaborative relationships grounded in trust and transparency.
That is why we are independent.
- Independence means our advice is objective and focused on what we believe is in each client’s best interest, not a parent company’s business goals.
- Independence means our fee structure is simple and transparent. We are not compensated by third-party financial institutions based on what products we recommend. We are fee-only and are paid directly by our clients for the services we provide them.
- Independence means we can continue to be entrepreneurial. While we firmly believe that successful investing begins with patience and discipline, we are always looking for new investment opportunities and services that will improve how our clients can build, preserve, and share their wealth.
- 1989 Founded Sage Financial Group
Independent, privately held, investment and wealth management firm
- Today No Principal Turnover Since Inception
98% employee retention4
- 1995 Founded Sage Online
Largest online forum at the time devoted to mutual funds and investment information for individual investors
Anchor tenant of America Online’s Personal Finance Channel built to profitability and sold to Multex in 2000
- Today 98% Client Retention
Build long-term relationships with clients
- 1999 Authored The Sage Guide to Mutual Funds (Harper Collins)
Thorough compilation of advice on how to succeed with mutual fund investing
- Today Recognized As One of the Top Financial Advisors
By Barron’s, The Financial Times, Bloomberg, and Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2001 Founded Sage Real Estate Group
Private equity real estate fund company
- Today Still Growing
We are building out a signature suite of integrated wealth services focused on managing, coordinating, and simplifying the most important areas of our clients’ financial lives.
Delivering an exceptional client experience is a habit, not an act.
We start with questions, then build a strategy that is personal, meticulous, and adaptable.
And we are proactive. We respond when our clients need us, because if something is on their minds at 6 am or 6 pm, we want to know about it.
Sage clients can experience the profound peace of mind that comes from knowing that their financial lives are being overseen by people who care for their goals and investments as if they were their own.
Points of Differentiation
- Independent and privately held. Unlike most banks and brokerage firms, Sage does not answer to or get compensated by, third-party financial institutions. We are paid directly by our clients, for the services we provide them.
- Stable. No Principal turnover since inception, 98% client retention, and 98% employee retention.4
- Comprehensive. Signature suite of in-house subject expertise focused on what we believe matters most in financial life management.
- Proactive and responsive.
- Entrepreneurial. Access to unique private investments and services.
It’s not just about being good. It’s about doing good.
We are passionate about the success of our communities and dedicated to helping improve the lives of everyone we touch.
And we are inspired every day knowing that as a team, we are making a difference for our clients and our communities. See who is inspiring us.2
Committed to raising money and awareness for pediatric cancer causes and performing research for new cures and treatments.
Dedicated to saving children’s lives by educating the public about heart conditions that lead to sudden cardiac arrest and death.
Created to provide underserved students with the academic, personal, and critical thinking skills needed to succeed in higher education.
Established to stimulate economic growth through innovation, entrepreneurship, and the development and adoption of new technologies.
We’re also pleased to support these other outstanding organizations:
Aid for Friends
Alzheimer’s AssociationAmerican Cancer Society
American Living Donor Network
Birmingham Southern College
Bucks County Children’s Museum
Camilla Hall Nursing Home
Compassionate Care Hospice
Castleman’s Disease Collaborative Network
Children’s Jubilee Fund
Cradles to Crayons
Family Lives On Foundation
Father Chuck’s Challenge
Fisher House Foundation
Francisvale Home for Smaller Animals
Freedom Church Philadelphia
Friends of the Rail Park
Harriton High School
Hope Within Ministries
Jewish Family and Children’s Services
Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
Jewish National Fund
Make the World Better Foundation
Marine Corps Heritage Museum
Meds & Food for Kids
National MS Society
National Parkinson Foundation
Penn State Dance Marathon
Prader-Willi Syndrome Association