Sage Financial Group, an independent, privately-held firm, ranked one of the top wealth management firms in the nation by Barron’s and The Financial Times and one of the Best Places to Work by The Philadelphia Business Journal, is looking for a passionate, service-oriented professional to join our team as an Investment Reporting Associate. This is a cross-functional position that will provide an individual with broad exposure to how the business operates and an opportunity to learn wealth management from the ground up. The role contributes to the back-office client reporting operations of a dynamic and growing service firm and supports the Wealth Management, Compliance, and Investment teams.
- Produce and customize client investment reports used for periodic portfolio update meetings.
- Ensure that financial account positions and data flows are reconciled.
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and reconcile/resolve reporting anomalies.
- Administer the setup and continued maintenance of accounts, reporting groups, and templates.
- Contribute to quarterly, annual, and ad hoc management and compliance report preparation.
- Interface regularly with Tamarac support teams to review data and application issues, stay current with application developments, perform pre-release testing, and provide enhancement request recommendations.
- Provide support for the daily trading process.
Related Responsibilities and Expectations
- Professional Development. Sage places a high priority on the professional development of all staff members through (a) hands-on experience; (b) mentoring; (c) participation in continuing education opportunities related to pertinent licensing and professional designations; and (d) active tracking and understanding of emerging financial management practices and standards.
- Ownership Mindset. (a) Enhance performance by accepting ownership for all tasks; (b) seek to align personal and professional goals with the company’s objectives; and (c) have a strong sense of commitment to the overall success of the firm.
- Additional Projects. (a) Participate in firm-wide initiatives related to enhancing internal processes and the overall client experience at Sage; (b) provide support to the Wealth Management teams and Compliance, as needed; and (c) assist with general operations tasks as needed.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- High ethical standards
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, including mathematical ability to analyze historical and projected financial information
- Robust interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Precise and efficient; detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A self-motivated, independent thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience with the Envestnet Tamarac Suite, PortfolioCenter, or other portfolio performance reporting applications is beneficial
- Background in financial reporting or accounting is helpful
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.