Sage Financial Group, an independent, privately held firm is looking for a passionate, team-oriented professional to join our team as an Investment Analyst. This is a unique opportunity for someone with previous professional experience to become an integral member of our high-performing organization.
The Investment Analyst, as an integral member of the Sage Investment Division, will help to conduct and formulate the firm’s investment strategy, research, communications, and portfolio implementation. The Investment Division works in close collaboration with Senior Management and the Wealth Management teams, which are supported by operational teams with deep expertise.
- Economic and Investment Research and Strategy
- Help to shape Sage’s investment outlook with respect to (a) economic and market conditions and (b) existing and new investment offerings.
- Participate in the firm’s investment committee meetings, as well as other investment discussions with some clients, third-party investment firms, and internal team members.
- Monitor and update Sage’s investment allocation profiles for clients, the goal of which is to optimize risk-adjusted returns for each client profile according to the parameters of Sage’s investment philosophy.
- Investment Analysis
- Evaluate Sage’s current and potential investment recommendations, including equity, fixed income, and alternative investment mutual funds, ETFs, and separately managed accounts.
- Develop investment and asset allocation models.
- Analyze and monitor Sage’s investment performance.
- Write regular and periodic reports for internal and external distribution.
- Client Communications
- Advance Sage’s investment management mission to clients through clear and regular communication (e.g., e-mail publications, presentations, white papers) of our economic and investment perspectives and our attention to financial planning considerations.
- Address specific client and prospect inquiries, analysis, and review individual stock and bond portfolios.
- Investment Operations
- Portfolio model implementation using existing software (Tamarac)
- Periodic trading
Related Responsibilities and Expectations
- Professional Development. Sage places a high priority on the professional development of all staff members through (a) hands-on experience, (b) mentoring, (c) participation in continuing education opportunities related to pertinent licensing and professional designations, and (d) active tracking and understanding of emerging financial management practices and standards. We have an orientation program and work regularly with all team members to develop their professional skills. At Sage, we not only support each other; we also actively work to make each other better.
- Ownership Mindset. (a) Enhance performance by accepting ownership for all tasks, (b) seek to align personal and professional goals with the company’s goals, and (c) have a strong sense of commitment to the overall success of the firm.
- Supervision/Training. (a) Foster a collaborative team environment, and (b) help to develop the knowledge and skills of less-tenured employees.
- Additional Projects. (a) Participate in firm-wide initiatives related to enhancing internal processes and the overall client experience at Sage, and (b) assist with general operations tasks as needed.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Robust interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong and clear writing skills with experience making persuasive cases
- Precise and efficient; detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational and research skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, including financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Strong Excel skills. Knowledge of Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, and Tamarac a plus.
- Well-versed in global current events and financial markets.
- Professional designation (e.g., CFA, CFP) or other advanced degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience
- High ethical standards
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Alan Cohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.