Sage Financial Group, an independent, privately-held firm, ranked as one of the top investment and wealth management firms in the nation by Barron’s and The Financial Times and as one of the Best Places to Work by The Philadelphia Business Journal, is looking for a passionate, service-oriented professional to join our team as an Associate Wealth Manager. This position is an excellent opportunity to launch a career in wealth management.
The Associate Wealth Manager will work closely with one or more of the firm’s Wealth Management teams to provide exceptional investment management, financial planning, and personal financial guidance to Sage’s clients.
- Client Service Operations. Provide direct support to one or two Executive Wealth Managers in responding to client service requests, including (a) managing account set-up and settlements; (b) responding to client inquiries and requests (e.g., wires, cash management, gifts of securities, issue resolution, cost basis issues); and (c) generating portfolio reviews/reports for client meetings.
- Investment Management. As directed by advisor team members, (a) draft and implement changes in investment allocations and portfolio diversification strategies; (b) manage client income and liquidity needs; (c) monitor and report on investment performance; (d) monitor portfolio asset allocations to ensure they remain within acceptable target ranges; and (e) provide customized schedules in response to client requests.
- Financial Planning. As directed by advisor team members, (a) prepare draft emails to gather information from clients; (b) work with Executive Wealth Managers to develop holistic financial plans through evaluation of clients’ financial situations, objectives, needs, and preferences; and (c) perform various quantitative analyses related to planning a client’s financial independence.
- Business Development. Assist with new client proposals as directed by advisor team members by (a) analyzing existing portfolios; (b) drafting recommended portfolio composition; and (c) providing additional operational support.
- Special Projects. Working as part of a team, assist with designing, testing, and scaling new service offerings. This work may lead to an opportunity to focus his or her future practice in a particular direction.
- Professional Development. (a) Track and understand emerging wealth management best practices and standards, and (b) participate in continuing education opportunities related to pertinent licensing and professional designations.
- Ownership Mindset. (a) Enhance performance by accepting ownership for all tasks; (b) seek to align personal and professional goals with the company’s goals, and (c) have a strong sense of commitment to its overall success.
- Supervision/Training. (a) Foster a collaborative team environment; and (b) help develop the knowledge and skills of less-tenured employees.
Required Skill Sets, Experience, and Knowledge
- Two to four years of professional experience
- High ethical standards
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, including mathematical ability to analyze historical and projected financial information
- Robust interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Precise and efficient; detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with problem-solving abilities
Founded in 1989, Sage Financial Group is an independent, privately-held, registered investment advisor. Sage manages over $2 billion of assets and provides investment management and financial planning services for more than 600 high-net-worth clients.
Sage has a strong culture grounded in an emphasis on client service, teamwork, discipline, a sense of responsibility for the local community, and a desire always to improve. We call our perspective and way of operating, SageSense.
Sage has been recognized as a top wealth manager nationally by Barron’s (2020) and the Financial Times (2020), and locally, by the Philadelphia Business Journal (2020) and Philadelphia Magazine (2020). Sage has been featured and/or cited in The Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney, Financial Planning, Inc., and CNBC. Sage also provided a daily investment report on CBS affiliate, KYW News Radio, the most widely listened-to radio station in Philadelphia for over 20 years.*
In 1995, the co-founders of Sage Financial Group, David, Alan, and Stephen Cohn, founded Sage Online, a leading source of online investment information for individual investors and an anchor tenant of America Online’s Personal Finance Channel. In March 2000, Multex.com, a publicly held financial services company, acquired Sage Online. Alan and Stephen also co-authored The Sage Guide to Mutual Funds (HarperCollins) and have led private equity investments in other businesses. Their entrepreneurial mindset sets the tone for Sage Financial Group, as does their commitment to providing the highest level of personal service and objective advice to all Sage clients.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Anderson at email@example.com.