Sage Financial Group, an independent, privately held firm, ranked one of the top wealth management firms in the nation by Barron’s and The Financial Times and one of the Best Places to Work by The Philadelphia Business Journal, is looking for a passionate, service-oriented professional to join our team as a Wealth Management Operations Associate. This is a cross-functional position that will provide an individual with broad exposure to how the business operates and an opportunity to learn wealth management from the ground up. The role will provide operational support to the Investment, Client Services, and Reporting teams as well as to Sage’s Family Office Services team.
Account Administration. Under the guidance of the Operations Administrator: (a) manage the daily deposits & withdrawals report; (b) provide support on all non-Schwab account administration; (c) serve as point person for 529 transactions; (d) help with general administration and record keeping; and (e) provide back-up.
- Investment Reporting. Support the Investment Reporting Team by: (a) reconciling and preparing transaction updates for held away accounts (401Ks Annuities, etc); (b) maintaining current values in Advisor View for 529 and other accounts; (c) assisting with account and template management in Advisor View; and (d) participating in reconciliation projects.
- Investment Division. Assist with: (a) reporting of Sage’s investment portfolio performance and strategy on an ongoing basis, and (b) attend the firm’s investment committee meetings and document minutes.
- Family Office Services. Provide operational and administrative support to the firm’s Trusts and Estates Counsel by: (a) assisting with document scanning/PDF/file management; (b) producing standard letters; and (c) formatting and preparing documents for execution.
Related Responsibilities and Expectations
- Professional Development. Sage places a high priority on the professional development of all staff members through (a) hands-on experience; (b) mentoring; (c) participation in continuing educational opportunities related to pertinent licensing and professional designations; and (d) active tracking and understanding of emerging financial management practices and standards.
- Ownership Mindset. (a) Enhance performance by accepting ownership for all tasks; (b) seek to align personal and professional goals with the company’s goals; and (c) have a strong sense of commitment to the overall success of the firm.
- Additional Projects. (a) Participate in firm-wide initiatives related to enhancing internal processes and the overall client experience at Sage; (b) provide support to the Wealth Management teams and Compliance, as needed; and (c) assist with general operations tasks as needed.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- High ethical standards
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, including mathematical ability to analyze historical and projected financial information
- Robust interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Precise and efficient; detail-oriented with strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with problem-solving abilities
Founded in 1989, Sage Financial Group is an independent, privately held, registered investment advisor. Sage manages $2 billion of assets and provides investment management and financial planning services to more than 650 high-net worth clients. Sage is a fee-only wealth management firm. We get compensated on a fee basis and do not receive compensation from third parties, commissions, or sales of any products.
Sage has been recognized as a top wealth manager nationally by Barron’s (2018) and the Financial Times (2018), and locally, by the Philadelphia Business Journal (2017) and Philadelphia Magazine (2017). Sage has been featured and/or cited in The Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney, Financial Planning, Inc. and CNBC. Sage also provided a daily investment report on CBS affiliate, KYW News Radio, the most widely listened to radio station in Philadelphia for over 20 years.*
In 1995, the co-founders of Sage Financial Group, David, Alan, and Stephen Cohn, founded Sage Online, a leading source of online investment information for individual investors and an anchor tenant of AOL’s Personal Finance Channel. In March 2000, Multex.com, a publicly-held financial services company, acquired Sage Online. Alan and Stephen also co-authored The Sage Guide to Mutual Funds (HarperCollins) and have led private equity investments in other businesses. Their entrepreneurial mindset sets the tone for Sage Financial Group, as does their commitment to providing the highest level of personal service and objective advice to all Sage clients.
Sage has a strong culture grounded in an emphasis on client service, teamwork, discipline, a sense of responsibility for the local community, and a desire to always improve. We call our perspective and way of operating, SageSense.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Rebecca Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.